I've just gone the other direction with my Saluki, albatross to noodles.  I've
played with both bars before and I'm sure I will again.

Neither are perfect, in really enjoying the noodles right now and feel like
I've got them dialed in correctly except for not enough brake power but the
biggest difference is probably psychological.

For whatever reason I just feel faster with the drops than without.  I've got
plenty of Strava records to show the difference to be negligible if there at
all but it definitely is there in my head.  The extra hand positions and looks
have new sticking with the noodles for right now.