I forgot to add this instance: Unbeknownst to me, the seatpost clamp on the
Matthews had cracked and my seatpost was slipping; a full inch on a 10 mile
ride. The bike, otherwise fitting so nicely, began to feel awkward and
tippy this way, and I felt as if I could not generate torque. It was these
sensations that alerted me to the slippage; when properly adjusted, the
saddle on the Matthews is about 1/2" lower than flat of (drop) bar.