John, beyond the other factors that have been discussed, I think you just
aren't happy with that particular frame. You don't like the sloping tube, it
feels too big for you, and maybe you're just done with it and it's someone
else's turn.

This happened to me with a perfectly lovely pewter Saluki a few years ago. I
saw one at RBW HQ when they first came out, and loved the color. Years later I
bought one and rode it around for a few months, and it just never clicked with
me. The color wasn't really my thing (surprisingly), and - opposite of you -
the level toptube made the bike feel tall for my creaky old legs when getting
on and off. So I sold it, and now have a sloping-tube Appaloosa in a lovely
light blue. It's perfect! You need a new bike, bro. Get something you're crazy
about and move that Sam down the highway.