Chris, yes I do recall that also about the expanded geometry.  For myself it
does not really change anything since stock frames are stock frames, they are
going to fit who they will and those who are "close enough" may or may not
actually be satisfied long term.  Just like wearing clothes, maybe something
feels or looks great in the store or first trying it on but after awhile if it
was not really sized for you or what you really wanted, you wil eventualĺy
become aware of it and may say "what was I thinking ?"   I notice too it is
very easy to get wooed by paint colors or other features on stock bikes, then
you try to make yourself fit into it some way despite it not reaĺly being what
you want or need !  Hah ..... done that ......