I have  not timed myself, nor do I plan to, but that's a good point. It's
not important to me how slow or fast I actually am, but how I FEEL when on
the bike. And for me, the Sam never FEELS springy when I'm climbing. I
suspect it's a function of the frame size more than the geometry or tubing.

I would totally agree about the Cadillac feel of the bike when on the flats
and downhill. That's exactly how I think of the Sam. I just wish it had a
little more juice when grinding up the pass. It rides like my Toyota Matrix
up the hills.