If your hands are getting dirty from the rims when you remove your wheels,
then you are collecting a lot of aluminum dust on the rims -- not at all
good! Even if the dirt were only road grit, still, that has obvious
implications for you rims' life.

I've probably fixed more roadside flats than any 10 (I might even say, any
100) other listers, given our goatheads, but 99 times out of 100 in dry
conditions, and I never got my hands dirty from rim dirt, only from the
usual tire dirt.

Patrick Moore, who is very quickly losing his knack for roadside
patching *because
of Orange Seal!*

On Wed, Dec 27, 2017 at 12:32 PM, William! <william.c.hender...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hard to say one is easier than the other. Fixing a flat is harder with
> discs but gets your hands a lot less dirty (a big deal for me). Adjustments
> with discs are somewhat easier (with Klampers anyway) but you do it
> somewhat more often. Replacing disc pads is simpler but requires taking the
> wheel off and pads may wear out faster (this seems to depend a lot on
> riding conditions and pad material).
>
> On Wednesday, December 27, 2017 at 11:07:53 AM UTC-8, lum gim fong wrote:
>>
>> Roadside maintenance easier on rim or disc brakes?

Other professional writing services.
http://www.resumespecialties.com/
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, New Mexico, Etats Unis d'Amerique