Hi Christopher-
I’m glad to see your intent wasn’t to act as if you were owed something. That
is heartening. However the impact and the affect was perceived as such. You
have to reckon with that. It’s important to understand the difference and the
ways in which our intent isn’t important when the impact and affect is felt by
others. This could be informative:
https://everydayfeminism.com/2013/07/intentions-dont-really-matter/

If those truly are your reading and posting conditions and intentions then it
is up to you to make sure your posts reflect your intent and it’s not for us to
do the emotional legwork of trying to find a way to make an offensive post
inoffensive. I think you’ll understand that if you truly weren’t trying to be
offensive regarding her absence.

-Justin