Christopher Murray wrote:* I did mean that it would have been nice to post
something in May or June or whenever just saying she was taking a break. *

It may seem weird, but even looking at or thinking about something, never
mind taking the energy to write even a short post, can be impossible under
certain circumstances. It's almost like a physical resistance, and there
may be no logical explanation. I have a blog about my local economy, and a
little over a year ago I underwent a serious eye operation, with
consequences still ongoing. Even after physically being able to use the
computer again, I found I could not get back into the blog. I hope to turn
that around in the new year, but who knows.

In the end, that is often the nature of a blog--it spans a certain time,
and then ends. Like Chris, and I am sure many others, I wondered why she
hadn't at least done a wrap-up, or announced an indefinite pause.  But now
I know. (And sometimes writing an explanation can be lame; I don't know how
many blogs I've seen where the last post goes something like, sorry I
haven't posted in a while, but I'm back!) I am grateful for her inquisitive
and interesting and well-written posts about bicycles and bicycling, and
her wonderful photography. She has also generously shared a decent bit of
her life with her readers for more than 8 years (without a dime from any of
them, by the way). She is a talented woman, and it is great to hear that
she is in a good place with respect to the things in life that are
important to her. I would not turn down a chance to go on a ride with
Velouria and her husband along the back roads of Ireland, then pick up a
nice pair of woolen socks upon departure.