On Aug 22, 11:29 am, JoelMatthews <joelmatth...@mac.com> wrote:
> > OK...past aesthetics what is the benefit.
>

> It has always been a bit of a drag to work your keester off to come up
> with a full integrated look on your bike only to have the seat post
> mechanicals loudly make their presence known.

This is interesting. I consider the sp-60 to be a very industrial
looking seatpost. Compared to today's seatpost, I actually think it
may be "louder" than current seatpost just because it is so different.

For example, if you look at standard seatposts, most look like these:

Nitto CR
http://www.rivbike.com/images/products/full/0000/1149/11-031_site_pairheads.jpg

Kalloy
http://aebike.com/images/library/catalogs/soc/prodl/ST1550.jpg

Campy Silver Seatpost
http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2003/tech/features/campy_midrange/cereggisella01.jpg

Of course, if you decide to really want "loud," check out the Miche:
http://www.freshtripe.co.uk/Freshtripe/Seats%20&%20Seatposts_files/Miche%20Super%20Silver-1.jpg

> Until now, most post and clamp options were decidedly on the budget
> side of the market.  Assuming this post and clamp meet Nitto's until
> now exacting standards, There is a fairly good chance this will be the
> missing component.

Agree, Nitto makes great stuff, so you'll probably won't have any
problems with it.

Good Luck!