On Mon, 2011-06-06 at 08:55 -0700, canali wrote:
> just wondering if it's just me and i need to take my time adding the
> mileage and being consistent  and patient (and getting back into
> shape)
>
> OR do alot of us as we get older no longer find being so bent down as
> comfortable...thinking of swapping out drops on atlantis for jeff
> jones h loop bars or the north road bars.

Drop bars != "so bent down" (and 50 isn't exactly "older," either, at
least not from the perspective of one born during the summer of 1942).
Set the bars at a height that's comfortable.  For me, that's just at or
very slightly below seat height.

Back in early May several members of the group attended a Riv Rally in
Wellsboro, Pennsylvania.  Photos taken at the rally are available in the
Riv Rally East Flickr group
http://www.flickr.com/groups/1691409@N23/pool/show/
You might find them interesting.

Some bikes had drop bars, some flat bars.  Nobody felt uncomfortable,
and as you can see in the photos, pretty much all the riding positions
look very similar, regardless of what kind of bars the bikes had.