So, I was just about to plunk down a couple of hundred dollars on a
Berthoud front bag at Rene Herse. Mike kindly returned my phone call and
immediately asked about the bike I was going to put it on. A Rivendell, I
replied (A. Homer Hilsen). He said, do you know that the bag's weight will
affect the handling somewhat; some people can't live with it while others
aren't bothered by it at all. He said it was because of the "trail" high or
low (I don't recall which) of all Rivendell bikes and that Herse bikes have
a (high, low?) trail that accounts for weight carrying in the front.

So what do YOU think Rivendell front bag owner? Have you ever regretted the
effect the bag has on your Rivendell's handling?

Thanks,
Shifty