I've been riding the '99 gofast which of all my three bikes probably
gets the least use (since most of my riding is "get-to-there" riding),
and I find every time that any thoughts of converting it into a more
utilitarian steed vanish when I find myself climbing hills that I
usually walk (72" '03 fixed) or gear down to ~30" (Fargo) to climb
(and this with the 75" fixed!) and find myself pushing the higher gear
as fast as lower ones against winds and inclines.

My legs are sore today from the last few days' of pushing that 75"
gear, uphill and against wind, harder than I had anticipated doing.

--
"Push back against the age as hard as it pushes against you."

Flannery O'Connor