I have friend that had her carbon fork collapse on a long steady descent. She
augered her face into the pavement. Her hands were completely uninjured, that's
how fast it happened. She has partial use of her hands now but not enough to
roll her wheel chair. Small probability, huge consequences. Everyone makes
their choices & lives with the decisions. I will never ride a carbon fork.