Thanks Eric! I was tempted to write something similar, but you nailed it. I really dislike seeing this sort of persistent digression over such a long time, but it think it is almost unavoidable. I refer to this process as "Thread Entropy". It starts with "OT drift", which opens the door to all manner of free association. This group is better than most at remaining civil and on-topic, but it still happens. In a perfect world, or at least a minimally moderated forum, everyone would actually read the subject line before writing. This one has gotten away with major drift under the auspices of "Grant started it by writing a book", which is a pretty thin justification for the direction it's gone.

I'd recommend we put this horse back in the barn and start something else.

Dave