Not trapping sweat -- some synthetics are designed to wick it and, AFAIK,
may do that better than wool. But wool insulates even when wet and perhaps
that is the reason it doesn't feel clammy when you stop.

Now stinking is another big problem in addition. I use synthetics only in
summer (and not often then) but, even starting out clean as a baby, I am
very anxious among other people (say, when running errands) about the stink
that will inevitably arise after just an hour or so of sweating.

I still wish someone made an all cotton cycling jersey -- I have one but it
was made long ago. (Even cotton stinks more than wool, but not nearly as
quickly and as bad as the synthetics I know of.)

--
*RESUMES THAT GET YOU NOTICED!*
Certified Resume Writer

Albuquerque, NM