I had only yesterday subscribed to Rcom-l, and I didn't know how to search on old Rcom-l messages, so I had not seen that crucial message. It certainly does explain why RSrv250.exe won't work with the current R!

Thank you.

Do I correctly understand that, at least for now, I should just separately download and install RExcelInst3.0.5.exe?

Murray

Thomas Baier wrote:
Murray Eisenberg schrieb:
Just what do you mean by "RSrv250.exe won't work"?

What about RSrv250_pl1.exe?

Or must I go back to the older RSrv135.exe?

(And what is RSrv250.exe for?)

And where does rproxy.dll come from?  R itself?  (D)COM?

Sorry, but although these questions' answers may be obvious to you, they are certainly not obvious to me!

Please read http://mailman.csd.univie.ac.at/pipermail/rcom-l/2008-October/002383.html and the answers should be obvious for you, too.

Thomas

--
Murray Eisenberg                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.