From: Resource Description and Access / Resource Description and Access
[mailto:RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA] On Behalf Of Kevin M Randall
Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2013 1:38 PM
To: RDA-L@LISTSERV.LAC-BAC.GC.CA
Subject: Re: [RDA-L] Question about "conventional collective titles"
(6.2.2.10.3)

The way I read "If a compilation of works is known by a title that is used in
resources embodying that compilation or in reference sources" that means that
any brand-spanking-new publication which happens to be a compilation would meet
that condition.  Unless you're arguing that Stephen King's latest collection of
short stories and Natasha Trethewey's latest collection of poems are not known
by the titles appearing on the title pages and covers, and by which people look
for them in bookstores and libraries.  I don't see anything implying that a
resource needs to sit around and age for any period of time before it is "known
by a title".

I think the access points resulting from 6.2.2.10 are quite valuable to aid the
FRBR user task of "Find", but I think using them as the AAP makes things more
difficult for the "Identify" and "Select" tasks.  They really should be variant
access points, IMO.

Kevin