Excellent point, Adolfo. I believe that particular LC-PCC PS was written before "Selections" was re-framed as a work attribute. At that time, "Poems. Selections" was an undifferentiated _expression_ access point.

And to Kevin's point, what gets me about this particular sentence is its use of plurals, which influences the cataloger's thinking more than it perhaps ought to? Perhaps if it read "If a compilation of works is known by a title that is used in one or more resources embodying that compilation or in one or more reference sources", I might read it very differently. Then there's still the "known by" bit. Known to whom? The cataloger holding it in hand? How long must an entity be around before it is "known by ... a title"???

I sense a revision proposal and/or LC-PCC PS is needed for this. Otherwise, the community could just go around and around on this issue ad infinitum.

Casey