Chris:

We mostly install 8048 inverters.  Regardless, you need all of the hardware
for installing a 4048 or an 8048 and any GSLC.  Not having them is a huge
headache and cost.  I can’t believe Outback is still letting this happen.

I would familiarize myself with what is needed and inventory as soon as the
equipment is received.  Here is a partial list, from memory, and partial
photo attached.  I can’t guarantee this list is complete, but it is a start.

1.     2 or 4 8 MM bolts and washers for Pos and Neg ports.

2.     Remove and check shunt for cracks.

3.     All Neg bus bar parts.  Includes two or three bars, 8mm nuts and
washers (photo below).

4.     All Pos bus bar parts.  Includes two or three bars, 8mm nuts and
washers (photo below).

5.     Flat plate with 10 holes for ganging inverter breakers (photo below).

6.     Screws to mount breakers and FNDC to panels.

7.     Dead-front screws.

8.     Cover screws.

Some of the above parts ship with the inverters, some with the GSLCs.

When you are aligning negative busses to bolt them to bottom of inverter,
be very careful if you need to move the bars to align with holes.  It is
real easy to fracture the sub-standard shunt bases.  See attached photo
comparing the kind of shunt you want versus what Outback ships.  I am
looking for a source for the sold-base units. Anyone know for sure where to
find the good ones?

I hope this information and level of detail will help some of you save the
headaches and frustration I have suffered.

William

[image: Gradient Cap_mini]
Lic 773985
millersolar.com <http://www.millersolar.com/>