Hi Romano,

On Friday, February 27, 2004, 12:19:24 AM, you wrote:

>> Do you think you would use APPLY that way? I wouldn't. I would use
>> it this way, instead:

>>         apply :find [
>>             series value part range only case any
>>             with wild skip size match tail last reverse

RPT> This is the only case in which you syntax has some advantage.

This  is the only case I would use APPLY for --- passing arguments
and refinements from another function. If the block you pass APPLY
is  not constructed programmatically, then you don't need APPLY at
all.  But  if it is, having everything in the same order as in the
function spec is much simpler.

RPT> But i think that it is not enough to change an aspect of rebol language: order
RPT> of refinements must remain not important under any respect.

I don't see why having such an APPLY would change this...

Anyway,  I  think  Ladidlav's  APPLY  can be taken as a prototype.
Probably, its /N refinement would make everyone happy.

Regards,
   Gabriele.
--
Gabriele Santilli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  --  REBOL Programmer
Amiga Group Italia sez. L'Aquila  ---   SOON: http://www.rebol.it/