Hi Gabriele,

> This  is the only case I would use APPLY for --- passing arguments
> and refinements from another function. If the block you pass APPLY
> is  not constructed programmatically, then you don't need APPLY at
> all.  But  if it is, having everything in the same order as in the
> function spec is much simpler.

The only case of which  i am speaking is the case you show: a function which
call another function with the same context/refinements (a patch).

Instead, if i have a function like this:

    my-func: [a b /skip value /reverse]

and i want to pass /reverse to find, I must construct exactly that kind of
block full of false which seems so strange to you and that you say you will
never use.

> But  if it is, having everything in the same order as in the
> function spec is much simpler.

It is a solution, i do not negate it. Only, i do not like it.

> RPT> But i think that it is not enough to change an aspect of rebol
language: order
> RPT> of refinements must remain not important under any respect.
>
> I don't see why having such an APPLY would change this...

If i rewrite a function i must respect the refinements order to make old
program not fail.

---
Ciao
Romano