RED NEWS - MUFC Daily News by Email.
For the very latest news, the forum, and more check out the website at
http://www.rednews.co.uk
For United books, videos, DVDs etc http://www.rednews.co.uk/ama.php?id=amazon

---------------------------------
[10] Subscribe or order the Red News Summer Mag only available by mail order
---------------------------------
Posted Tuesday, June 20, 2006 by ed:
The Red News Summer Special (issue 126) is out at the start of July and is ONLY
available by online or mail order. So order Red News 126 here! This will not be
sold at any game.

United's First Fanzine. Now 19 years old!

Without the fanzine, and your support, there is no website.

Either send sterling cheque for £2.50 to Red News, P.O.Box 176, Manchester, M16
8LG made payable to Red News) or by credit card below (or we can ring you and
process it ourselves - send us your number to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

100% Independent. 100% Unofficial. Let's keep it that way.

RN126 Out end of June
RN125 Out Sunday May 7th
RN 124 Still available
RN 123 Exclusive Ole interview Still available
RN 121 George Best tribute Still available
RN 120 Still available
RN 119 Still available

In the UK £2.50 inc p&p each copy
ROW £3.50 inc p&p  each copy

To order a single copy click on

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=rednewsweb%40mac%2ecom&item_name=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&item_number=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&no_shipping=0&no_note=1&currency_code=GBP&bn=PP%2dBuyNowBF&charset=UTF%2d8

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=rednewsweb%40mac%2ecom&item_name=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&item_number=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&no_shipping=0&no_note=1&currency_code=GBP&bn=PP%2dBuyNowBF&charset=UTF%2d8

UK 10 issue sub £25.00 inc p&p
Europe 10 issue sub £30.00 inc p&p
Rest Of The World 10 issue sub £35.00 inc p&p

All our t-shirts - Some classic designs

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shoptsht.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shoptsht.htm

ECF '68 High Quality retro Shirts with Hand Embroided Crest. Order by credit
card or cheque at...

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shopec68.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shopec68.htm

NEW UNOFFICIAL 'ALTERNATIVE' HOME SHIRTS - £5 to Phoenix Fund

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop64.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop64.htm

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop65.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop65.htm

And those kind hearted souls out there can help with our costs by making an
online donation via paypal. Doesn't matter how small the amount is, every bit
helps with our costs - thanks. click on.

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&item_name=Red+News+donation&item_number=RN+donation&cn=Donate+to+Online+or+Fanzine%3F&tax=0&curr

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&item_name=Red+News+donation&item_number=RN+donation&cn=Donate+to+Online+or+Fanzine%3F&tax=0&curr

---------------------------------
[9] Van der Sar remembers last Dutch-Argentina clash
---------------------------------
Posted Tuesday, June 20, 2006 by ed:
"The other time was a quarter-final so it was a win-or-lose game, whereas this
one is the third in a series. We are just happy that we have already qualified,
but we know we will have to beat them if we want to win the group because they
obviously have a superior goal tally."

Ruud

"We want to finish No 1 in the group and we also want to see where we are with
the team. Every game has been a test so far and Argentina will be an even
bigger one."

---------------------------------
[8] Ruud on Argentina
---------------------------------
Posted Tuesday, June 20, 2006 by ed:
"If you had to play Argentina knowing you had to win it, it would be such a
difficult thing to go for. The way Argentina are playing - wow. While we were
preparing for our match we watched the beginning of the game and the end and we
were very impressed."

---------------------------------
[7] FREE MATCHED £40 BET HERE
---------------------------------
Posted Tuesday, June 20, 2006 by ed:
 http://www.kqzyfj.com/click-2051413-10351781

Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

 http://www.anrdoezrs.net/click-795737-10351781
Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

---------------------------------
[6] Trinidad want Rooney to do well
---------------------------------
Posted Tuesday, June 20, 2006 by ed:
Chris Birchall

"Wayne Rooney can be the difference against Sweden. He can score in literally
any second of the game and set the world alight."

---------------------------------
[5] Sven on Rooney
---------------------------------
Posted Tuesday, June 20, 2006 by ed:
"I think he did very well when he came on and seeing him in training, he's fit
and he can do more than 45 minutes. That's the reason we're starting with
him...he's important, very important. We shouldn't be expecting too much. You
know that he's been out for a long time. But he played well in the 30 minutes
he got at the last match and he will play better, I'm quite sure about it. He
looks sharper and sharper in training...and he will very soon be ready 100
percent."

var uri = 'http://impgb.tradedoubler.com/imp/img/512755/608750?' + new String
(Math.random()).substring (2, 11);document.write('
http://clkuk.tradedoubler.com/click?p=19134&a=608750&g=512755
Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news
');

The Men in Black - paperback edition out this month

---------------------------------
[4] Sven on Gary Nev
---------------------------------
Posted Tuesday, June 20, 2006 by ed:
"He is out of the game and I hope he will be OK for the next game (against
Germany or Ecuador)."

---------------------------------
[3] FREE £10 World Cup Bet
---------------------------------
Posted Tuesday, June 20, 2006 by ed:
When you plan to have a bet - use Sporting Odds through us

 http://www.sportingodds.com/index.asp?tpid=2983
http://www.sportingodds.com/index.asp?tpid=2983

---------------------------------
[2] Come join me at Bayern, Ruud
---------------------------------
Posted Tuesday, June 20, 2006 by ed:
Bayern new signing Lukas Podolski

''It would be great if a striker like Ruud van Nistelrooy would come to Munich.
He is a world-class player and I could learn a lot from him.''

---------------------------------
[1] And then there were 5... for £5!
---------------------------------
Posted Tuesday, June 20, 2006 by ed:
There are now 5 Red News' from last season still available... and you can get
ALL 5 for JUST £5 INCLUDING p&p in UK... £9 ROW... and when you order you get
FREE entry into our VIP Forum for a month. What a bargain!

Never read the mag? Or just missed out this season? Then order the 5 available
Red News' from this season (including the Bestie tribute comes with the 5 as
well) for JUST £5 in the UK INCLUDING p&p and £9 ROW (inc p&p). You also then
qualify for a free months entry into our news breaking VIP Forum.

Order here - product code 5OFFER

To order a single copy click on

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=rednewsweb%40mac%2ecom&item_name=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&item_number=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&no_shipping=0&no_note=1&currency_code=GBP&bn=PP%2dBuyNowBF&charset=UTF%2d8

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=rednewsweb%40mac%2ecom&item_name=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&item_number=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&no_shipping=0&no_note=1&currency_code=GBP&bn=PP%2dBuyNowBF&charset=UTF%2d8

---------------------------------
[42] Spread Betting Preview
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, June 19, 2006 by ed:
England v Sweden Spread Betting Preview

Although England haven't beaten Sweden since 1968, Sven has stated his desire
to end this run as part of his legacy to the team. Sporting Index fancy his
chances of doing it, with England priced up as favourites to win by 0.3 to 0.5
goals. The Total Goals spread of 2.3 to 2.5 is quite low though, probably in
anticipation of a draw; all England need to top the group.

Sweden need a point to guarantee their place in the last 16, and except for
Ibrahimovic (injured) they've got a full strength team. Four of their players
are on one yellow card, including both strikers (Allback and Larsson).
Elsewhere, Wilhelmsson and attacking midfielder Kim Kallstrom provide Sweden
with further threats.

England will start Rooney and Owen together, with Crouch rested and Gerrard
replaced by Hargreaves. This will give Lampard the freedom to do what he does
best, and he'll be worth watching as he tries to give himself a birthday
present - he's 28 on the day. Finally, ref Massimo Busacco is a well-regarded
Swiss official but has already shown a red card in this tournament. He produced
two yellows and a straight red against Ukraine when they were routed by Spain.
He was also the ref that sent Rooney off in England's 1-0 loss to Northern
Ireland in the qualifiers. Sporting expect at least five cards, which sounds
high but there have been a lot shown so far...

Hopefully that's given you something to think about. For all the latest prices
and to apply for your Sporting Index account,

 http://www.dpbolvw.net/click-795737-10360205
Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

Sporting Index is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.

The information contained herein is for your general information and use. In
particular, it does not constitute any form of advice or recommendation by
Sporting Index Ltd and is not intended to be relied upon by users in making (or
refraining to make) any specific decisions.

GBP200 World Cup Bet for New Clients

Open a Sporting Index account*, place five sports bets (each with the potential
to win and lose GBP20) and claim a free GBP200 per goal bet on any live World
Cup match.**

*Credit and suitability checks, **terms and conditions apply. See site for
further details about an account with Sporting Index. Sports spread betting
involves a high level of risk and you can lose more than your original stake.
It is not suitable for everyone so please ensure that you understand the risks
involved and only bet with money you can afford to lose.

For full details of these offers, and apply for your Sporting Index account,

 http://www.dpbolvw.net/click-795737-10360205
Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

---------------------------------
[41] More Park
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, June 19, 2006 by ed:
"We have played a great game against one of the best teams in the world. Nobody
expected us to draw this game. We are very happy and we are at the top of the
group now. Nobody expected that. We will try and do our best to have a good
tournament now, just like we did in 2002."

---------------------------------
[40] Cry Babies takeover
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, June 19, 2006 by ed:
from BBC

'Newcastle have confirmed to the Stock Exchange that majority shareholder Sir
John Hall has been approached to sell his stake in the club.
Hall, who paid an estimated £3m to take charge of the club in 1991, stepped
down as chairman in 1997.

Weekend newspaper reports suggested an American backed consortium had been
working on a buy-out proposal.

A club statment said an approach had been received "which may or may not lead
to the disposal of the stake."

Hall's son Douglas, who is still deputy chairman of the club, owns a further
13% stake in the club.'

var uri = 'http://impgb.tradedoubler.com/imp/img/95796/608750?' + new String
(Math.random()).substring (2, 11);document.write('
http://clkuk.tradedoubler.com/click?p=1078&a=608750&g=95796
Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news
');

---------------------------------
[39] When sponsors attack
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, June 19, 2006 by ed:
from Guardian

'For Dutch football fans it has become the summer's cult outfit. Over the past
few months, a quarter of a million Holland supporters have bought themselves a
pair of patriotic orange lederhosen - wearing them whenever Holland take to the
pitch in the World Cup.
But when Holland fans turned up on Friday to watch their team play the Ivory
Coast, wearing the garish trousers, officials from Fifa were not amused.

The lederhosen carry the name of a Dutch beer, Bavaria.

The only problem is that the Dutch brewery which makes Bavaria is not an
official World Cup sponsor. And so, in one of the most surreal incidents of the
World Cup so far, stadium officials in Stuttgart made the supporters take their
trousers off - leaving many of them to watch Holland's 2-1 victory in their
underpants.
"They put our trousers in the bin," said an aggrieved Peer Swinkels, the
chairman of Bavaria, Holland's second biggest brewery. "Fans going into the
stadium had to dump them in a big container. Fifa said that the supporters
could get them back afterwards. But the container was full of rubbish so most
people didn't bother. I understand that Fifa wants to protect its sponsors. But
this is very strange."

Critics say the decision to make more than 1,000 Dutch fans strip off last
Friday is evidence of the extraordinary lengths to which Fifa has gone to
protect the interests of World Cup sponsors - at the expense of ordinary fans.
Fifa, however, says it has done nothing wrong and is entitled to defend itself
against what it calls "ambush marketing".

Either way, there is little doubt of the seemingly unlimited power that
sponsors now wield over global sporting events - with British politicians
controversially voting to give sponsors a major role in the 2012 London
Olympics.

Fifa said its six suppliers and 15 official partners - among them Yahoo,
McDonald's and the American brewery that makes Budweiser - had spent €700m
(£480m) on the tournament. Without their money, it would be impossible to stage
the competition, it said.

But the zeal with which Fifa guards its commercial interests has gone down
badly with fans - as has its decision to offer 14% of all match tickets to
sponsors. Only 8% have gone to national football associations.

"It's ridiculous," said Sjoerd Schreurs, a Dutch supporter who had to take his
trousers off. "I queued for 25 minutes to get in. When I reached the front, an
official told me: 'You're not getting in like that'. I took my trousers off. I
managed to chuck them over the fence to some friends. But another official
spotted them and took them away.'

"I watched the game in my pants," Mr Schreurs, 33, added. "Fortunately I had
quite a long T-shirt."

Mr Swinkels dreamed up the idea of orange Leeuwenhose, or lion trousers, last
year. Dutch fans who purchased 12 cans of Bavaria beer could buy the trousers
for just €7.95 (they come with the tail of a lion, Holland's national symbol,
and two extra large pockets for storing beer cans).

Holland's biggest brewery, Heineken, the official sponsor of the Dutch football
association, didn't like the trousers either. It took legal action against
Bavaria but lost - after a Dutch judge ruled that fans could wear whatever they
wanted.

Mr Swinkels has written to Fifa's president, Sepp Blatter, asking whether Dutch
fans would have to remove their trousers again when Holland take on Argentina
on Wednesday in Frankfurt. "Since when can a sponsor determine what supporters
wear?" he wrote, pointing out: "Orange clothing and symbols are part of the
national heritage of the Netherlands."

But some industry experts say Fifa's intervention was no surprise. Nigel
Currie, chairman of the European Sponsorship Association, said: "My view is
that if there is a deliberate attempt to ambush an event, it should be stamped
on."

Mr Currie, who is also director of the sports marketing agency brand Rapport,
said: "Sponsors pay huge amounts of money and it is all about TV exposure. If
people are caught on screen drinking the wrong kind of drink, it is unhelpful
to sponsors. But it should come down to commonsense and a sense of proportion."

There were also allegations yesterday that England supporters at last
Thursday's Trinidad and Tobago match were forced to hand over Nike clothing at
the entrance of the stadium in Nuremberg, because Adidas - the German
sportswear giant and Nike's deadly rival - is the official World Cup sponsor.
Last night, however, Fifa denied that any Nike clothing had been confiscated.

"There are no special rules regarding clothing at the World Cup. Visitors can
wear their normal clothing or replica shirts with or without advertising,
irrespective of the manufacturer or sponsor's logo," a Fifa spokesman said.
This was true of "individuals" but not of groups, the spokesman continued.

Some of the most contentious debate during the passage of the London Olympics
bill through the Commons surrounded clauses designed to prohibit illicit use of
the words "Olympic Games", "London 2012" and the ringed symbol.

Lobbyists for the advertising industry believed the measures - insisted upon by
the International Olympic Committee - were draconian. The bill prevents
non-sponsoring businesses trying to cash in on the games by suggesting a link
with the Olympics in their advertising.

Locog, the London organising committee, supports the clampdown as necessary for
it to raise the £2bn to stage the games. It is searching for four sponsors,
each to contribute at least £50m.

Last night Mr Schreurs, was searching for a new pair of trousers. "When I tried
to get them back they had gone. Holland and Germany haven't always had the
easiest of relationships. It's funny to wear them in Germany if you're Dutch."

---------------------------------
[38] The Best
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, June 19, 2006 by ed:
The Best

Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

M, L (28 inches high, 22 inches wide), XL (29 inches high, 24 inches wide) and
XXL sizes available

Just £15 inc p&p UK, £17 ROW - product code is, simply, BEST

You can order by sending a cheque to Red News, P.O.Box 176, Manchester, M16 8LG.

Alternatively you can order by credit card - Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Switch or
Solo - for any one or any number of the shirts/hoods via the fast, safe and
secure paypal.

Just make sure you enter the correct product code for each shirt/hoodie (listed
on the shop part of the site) when ordering, together with the size (if others
than extra large are available, check on each specific item if that is the
case) and the correct price - please fill in the price column online
accordingly. Prices includes postage and packing.

Click on

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&undefined_quantity=1&item_name=RN+T-Shirts&item_number=RN+T-Shirts&cn=State+Product+Code+of+T-Shirt&currency_code=GBP

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&undefined_quantity=1&item_name=RN+T-Shirts&item_number=RN+T-Shirts&cn=State+Product+Code+of+T-Shirt&currency_code=GBP

---------------------------------
[37] MEN on Pique
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, June 19, 2006 by ed:
'MANCHESTER United could be about to lose another young defender following
Jonathan Spector's departure to West Ham.

The young American moved to Upton Park for £500,000 earlier this week.

Now, reports suggest Gerard Pique could be about to join West Brom on loan.

The 19-year-old Spanish-born centre-half is seen by manager, Bryan Robson, as
the type of player he needs to get the Baggies back into the Premiership.

And after Kieran Richardson's successful loan spell at the Hawthorns, Sir Alex
Ferguson probably wouldn't stand in the way of Pique's departure.

Despite coming to Old Trafford with glowing credentials, the former Barcelona
starlet has yet to establish himself as a first team regular and looks a long
way from doing so.'

---------------------------------
[36] SUN on foot Doc
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, June 19, 2006 by ed:
'THE doctor who cleared Wayne Rooney for action last night claimed that keeping
the peace between Alex Ferguson and Sven Goran Eriksson was like putting out an
oil fire.

Straight-talking Scot Professor Angus Wallace is one of two docs who gave
Rooney the OK to start against Sweden tomorrow.

Now he wants to forget the England striker and get back to medical work.

Wallace, 57, said: “I feel as if I have been turned into Red Adair — a
trouble-shooter brought in to solve other people’s problems.

“But I am a medical man and that is more important than Wayne Rooney’s foot.”

---------------------------------
[35] Once linked
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, June 19, 2006 by ed:
Steven Reid signs new 4 year deal with Blackburn

 http://www.qksrv.net/click-795737-5042816

Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

---------------------------------
[34] More Ruud
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, June 19, 2006 by ed:
"I know Gaby well. I come up against him in training quite often and he's
always a fierce competitor. He said he'd kick Wayne Rooney if necessary. He
wouldn't be any different for me. The way he is playing is tremendous, but the
way Argentina are playing, whoa! We saw the end of their 6-0 win over Serbia
and we were very impressed."

---------------------------------
[33] Sunday Independent on Keane
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, June 19, 2006 by ed:
'ROY KEANE will not succeed Mick McCarthy as Sunderland's manager, despite the
reported interest of the consortium headed by Niall Quinn to recruit him.

Keane, who announced his retirement from football last Monday, is expected to
complete his coaching badges over the next 12 months, while spending time with
his family and travelling.

After his announcement which followed medical advice, Keane was immediately
linked with management of Sunderland under Quinn, who hopes to complete the
takeover of the club next week.

But a source close to Keane said the former Irish captain intended "to do
things properly" and complete the coaching courses before looking for a job in
management, preferably as an assistant at a Premiership club.

While Martin O' Neill remains the bookies' favourite, the Sunday Independent
understands that O'Neill told Sunderland a couple of weeks ago that he was not
interested in the job. Friends of Mick McCarthy, meanwhile, insisted he had no
interest in returning to the club, despite rumours that he had been approached
to work under the new regime with a bountiful budget.

When he left Manchester United last December, Keane, along with numerous offers
of playing contracts, was offered the manager's job at a Premiership club.

He turned it down, choosing instead to continue playing with Celtic, but
injuries and the frantic nature of Scottish football ensured that he would not
play a full season in Scotland despite the attraction of Champions League
football.

Keane will not have his head turned by Sunderland either, despite reports that
suggest the new consortium will inject significant funds into the club,
allowing them to outspend all rivals in the Championship.

McCarthy's time there was hampered by the strict limitations placed on his
budget and some poor signings with the money he did have to spend.

While there would be attractions for Keane in taking the job, the increased
media spotlight as successor to McCarthy and the potential for division if he
was to form a working relationship with Quinn are factors which may have
deterred him.

"Roy likes to do things properly," a source close to the player said last
night, "and he wants to go about management the right way, getting badges and
learning the ropes. He also wants to work in the Premiership."

Keane believes his best route into management involves working at the highest
level of the game as an assistant before taking a job and the attendant
pressures himself.

As he stated earlier this year in Dublin, his intention now is to relax with
his family and pursue some other interests. He has mentioned scuba diving as an
unexplored activity that intrigues him.

In Germany this week, former opponents and teammates of Keane have paid tribute
to the player. "He was one of the best midfielders I've ever played with,"
Dwight Yorke said "and captain-wise fantastic. It's sad to see him retire the
way he did, but thumbs up for the captain."

The Arsenal midfielder Gilberto acknowledged Keane's greatness and said he had
made the toughest decision of any professional's life.

"The hardest thing in football is to find a time to stop, one day you need to
realise that it's time to stop. I wish him good luck."

Sunderland, too, may need some luck as they search for a big name to excite the
fans. While Quinn has the necessary coaching badges and is believed to be
prepared to do the job, there may be complications to his appointment.

It would be difficult for Quinn as head of the new consortium to manage both
roles, but privately, the former Irish striker is prepared to take on any task
at the club.'

---------------------------------
[32] MEN on Ruud talk - Gill says no to Bayern?
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, June 19, 2006 by ed:
'THE FUTURE of Ruud van Nistelrooy remains a mystery after David Gill issued a
`Van Nistelrooy' not for sale notice to Bayern Munich last week when the
Germans registered their interest in the Dutch striker.

That stance suggested that United boss Sir Alex Ferguson and his 29-year-old
hitman had settled their differences.

Once van Nistelrooy's duty with Holland in the World Cup is over he is expected
to turn his attention to sorting out his club future once and for all.

Should he still decide to leave then United are said to be keen on Atletico
Madrid's Torres as a replacement.

The 22-year-old kicked off the World Cup with Spain in excellent fashion
against the Ukraine. United won't comment on reports from Spain that they have
agreed a £25m fee for the player.'

---------------------------------
[31] I met Wayne Rooney
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, June 19, 2006 by ed:
 http://new.edp24.co.uk/content http://new.edp24.co.uk/content

Wayne Rooney can win England the World Cup - so says the 64-year-old Norfolk
striker who put the Manchester United hitman through his paces before heading
out to Germany.

EDP employee Barry Durrant lived the dream when he spent a day at United's
Carrington training complex filming a short Nike documentary to be shown on Sky
Sports today.

The Norfolk & Suffolk Veterans Division Four sharpshooter was propelled into
the big time through his love for the game.

“I nearly fell off my chair when they told me I was training with Wayne
Rooney,” he admitted.

“Nike contacted the league and I met them for a couple of interviews. They
wanted someone with a 100pc passion for football and when I told them about my
years playing and managing for various clubs at a local level they decided I
was the right sort of person.

“It was for a series called 'In Search of the Beautiful Game'. They had the
likes of Rio Ferdinand meeting the Rochdale groundsman and Joe Cole spending
time with a tea lady in other episodes.”

Durrant filmed initial scenes at his North Burlingham home and Anglian
Combination outfit Blofield before being whisked north for his date with
arguably the world's finest young talent.

“I just thought 'this can't be happening to a little Norfolk lad like me',” he
said. “I met Wayne in the changing rooms and we just started talking - I wasn't
a bit nervous. He's such a fantastic lad and so natural. It was before his
injury but he told me he was really looking forward to the World Cup.

“I asked him all sorts about working with Sir Alex Ferguson and how he handled
being in the spotlight. With someone like that you think he couldn't go out do
things we take for granted - like shopping - but he told me he'd stopped at a
garage for a pint of milk the previous week and no one had recognised him.”

The unorthodox strike duo moved on to Old Trafford for further filming before
Durrant's fairytale finally came to an end.

“I had to sign a confidentiality contract so only my wife and one or two of the
people I work with knew,” he said.

“My grandson (Ryan) is just 12 and he was distraught but I had to keep it from
him. Now he's got a signed shirt above his bedroom wall.”

Speaking prior to England's second group game against Trinidad and Tobago last
night Durrant offered his well-qualified opinion on Rooney's metatarsal injury
saga.

“In our day they used to call it a broken foot,” he said. “I certainly wouldn't
try to rush him back. The fact he has been able to train must have helped
because I think he's the sort of lad who just wants to be playing.

“David Nugent at Preston came back after five weeks so it is possible.

“People might think I'm biased now because I got the chance to meet the lad but
Wayne Rooney is one of the best players in the world. With him in the side
England can go all the way.”

---------------------------------
[30] 15 year old Norwegian on signing
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, June 19, 2006 by ed:
Magnus Wolff Eikrem

"I haven't had the energy to cope with everyone knowing it, therefore, I have
kept it secret. Molde gave me a terrific offer, but I believe I will be a
better footballer at Manchester United. If I believed that it would be best to
stay at Molde, I would have stayed.  United is the best club in the world and
the best club to join for a young player."

order anything through itunes from us

var uri = 'http://impgb.tradedoubler.com/imp/js/11703474/608750?' + new String
(Math.random()).substring (2, 11);document.write('');

var uri = 'http://impgb.tradedoubler.com/imp/img/11582233/608750?' + new String
(Math.random()).substring (2, 11);document.write('
http://clkuk.tradedoubler.com/click?p=23708&a=608750&g=11582233
Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news
');

---------------------------------
[29] More Phil Nev on Gary
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, June 19, 2006 by ed:
"He now reckons he could be ready for the quarterfinals if England get there
and I desperately hope we do. Gaz is honest enough to admit this will probably
be his last World Cup and he wanted to show the rest of the world exactly what
he could do. To lose that through injury would be almost too much for him to
bear.  ngland need Gaz fit because he brings so much experience to the
right-back position and his understanding with Becks is key to our success.
Knowing Gary, he'll fight until the last moment to play a part and he doesn't
lose many fights."

[28] Order the Red News Summer Mag out start of July
[...]

Please fill in the price column online accordingly and state which issue or
offer when you are ordering.

For United books, videos, DVDs etc http://www.rednews.co.uk/ama.php?id=amazon

http://us.click.yahoo.com/2pRQfA/bOaOAA/yQLSAA/GtUolB/TM