RED NEWS - MUFC Daily News by Email.
For the very latest news, the forum, and more check out the website at
http://www.rednews.co.uk
For United books, videos, DVDs etc http://www.rednews.co.uk/ama.php?id=amazon

---------------------------------
[4] More transfer rumours
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, July 3, 2006 by Garryowen:
from manutd.com

United are lining up a move for £5million-rated Ukraine World Cup midfielder
Maxim Kalinichenko. Old Trafford boss Sir Alex Ferguson has been impressed by
the Spartak Moscow man, 26, who helped his country into the quarter-finals.
United officials are understood to have contacted their counterparts at
Kalinichenko's Russian club. Spartak have indicated their readiness to sit down
and discuss terms.
Steve Goodman, Sunday Mirror

The News of the World - Ribery and Riquelme to turn down moves to United but
reckon Simoa will sign if Ronaldo goes to Real Madrid.

Bolton boss Sam Allardyce is set to make a cheeky £2m bid for Darren Fletcher,
according to The People.

---------------------------------
[3] Transfer rumour
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, July 3, 2006 by Garryowen:
Manchester United are favourites to sign £2m-rated Derby midfielder Giles
Barnes, who is also wanted by Everton, Liverpool and Newcastle. (Daily Mail)

---------------------------------
[2] Ronaldo
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, July 3, 2006 by Garryowen:
from BBC website

Portugal's Cristiano Ronaldo says there is no ill-feeling between him and Wayne
Rooney after the England striker was sent off in Saturday's quarter-final.

Winger Ronaldo appeared to encourage referee Hector Elizondo to dismiss his
Manchester United team-mate after Rooney stamped on Ricardo Carvalho.

Rooney pushed Ronaldo away before being dismissed but Ronaldo said: "Between me
and Rooney, there is no problem.

"At the end we texted each other and between us everything's been cleared."

He added: "The things that have been said regarding me and my team-mate and
friend Rooney are incredible.

"He wished me the best of luck in the World Cup. He told me we had a great team
and that if we continued to play like this, we would go far.

"He wasn't angry with me and, moreover, he told me to completely ignore what
the English press has said, that all they wanted was to create confusion, but
we are already used to that."

Ronaldo insists he is not to blame for Rooney's dismissal, despite appearing to
wink at the Portuguese bench once the red card had been shown.

"I am not a referee and I don't have the power to send off a player," said
Ronaldo.

"I had nothing to do with the fact that the referee showed the red card."

Ronaldo, who scored the winning penalty in the dramatic shoot-out, also says he
has no intention of leaving Manchester United, despite being linked with a move
to Real Madrid.

"There have been comments published in which I reportedly said that I didn't
want to go back to Manchester United," he said.

"That is completely false. Of course I want to go back. It's just typical of
the English press but I don't lose any sleep."

---------------------------------
[1] Important. Please read with regard to news from now until July 15th.
---------------------------------
Posted Monday, July 3, 2006 by Garryowen:
The Ed has gone on a well deserved and long overdue holiday. It means that
until July 15th news here will be sporadic at best. We'll try our best but
please bear with us and be patient and understanding. Normal service will
resume from July 15th but we'll do our best in the meantime with United news on
what is now known as the best United website on the planet!

In the meantime why not give the whole of Red News a tonic and order something
- including the summer mag out July 14th - which helps support this site, keeps
it alive and will give the Ed a smile when he returns to bring you extensive
news day-in, day-out, 24-7.

Red News Summer Edition. RN 126. Available July 14th.

In the UK £2.50 inc p&p each copy
ROW £3.50 inc p&p  each copy

To order click on

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=rednewsweb%40mac%2ecom&item_name=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&item_number=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&no_shipping=0&no_note=1¤cy_code=GBP&bn=PP%2dBuyNowBF&charset=UTF%2d8

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=rednewsweb%40mac%2ecom&item_name=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&item_number=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&no_shipping=0&no_note=1¤cy_code=GBP&bn=PP%2dBuyNowBF&charset=UTF%2d8

5 Red News' from last season for JUST £5 INCLUDING p&p in UK... £9 ROW...

Order here - product code 5OFFER

To order a single copy click on

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=rednewsweb%40mac%2ecom&item_name=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&item_number=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&no_shipping=0&no_note=1¤cy_code=GBP&bn=PP%2dBuyNowBF&charset=UTF%2d8

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_xclick&business=rednewsweb%40mac%2ecom&item_name=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&item_number=Red%20News%20Single%20Copy%20Order&no_shipping=0&no_note=1¤cy_code=GBP&bn=PP%2dBuyNowBF&charset=UTF%2d8

*******

Subscribe to Red News.

UK 10 issue sub £25.00 inc p&p
Europe 10 issue sub £30.00 inc p&p
Rest Of The World 10 issue sub £35.00 inc p&p

And those kind hearted souls out there can help with our costs by making an
online donation via paypal. Doesn't matter how small the amount is, every bit
helps with our costs - thanks. click on.

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&item_name=Red+News+donation&item_number=RN+donation&cn=Donate+to+Online+or+Fanzine%3F&tax=0&curr

https://www.paypal.com/xclick/business=rednewsweb%40aol.com&item_name=Red+News+donation&item_number=RN+donation&cn=Donate+to+Online+or+Fanzine%3F&tax=0&curr

All our t-shirts - Some classic designs

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shoptsht.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shoptsht.htm

ECF '68 High Quality retro Shirts with Hand Embroided Crest. Order by credit
card or cheque at...

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shopec68.htmency_code=GBP
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shopec68.htmency_code=GBP

NEW UNOFFICIAL ALTERNATIVE SHIRTS

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop64.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop64.htm

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop65.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shop65.htm

Back Issues

 http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shopsub2.htm
http://www.rednews.co.uk/shop/shopsub2.htm

****

Have a FREE World Cup bet

When you plan to have a bet - use Sporting Odds through us

 http://www.sportingodds.com/index.asp?tpid=2983
http://www.sportingodds.com/index.asp?tpid=2983

 http://www.kqzyfj.com/click-2051413-10351781

Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

 http://www.anrdoezrs.net/click-795737-10351781
Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news

---------------------------------
[2] Carrick news
---------------------------------
Posted Friday, June 30, 2006 by Garryowen:
from the times

Manchester United are believed to be ready to increase their bid for Michael
Carrick, the Tottenham midfield player, to more than £15 million. Sir Alex
Ferguson, the United manager, wants Carrick to anchor his midfield next season
and has had bids of between £10 million and £14 million rejected. Lorenzo Sanz,
the Real Madrid presidential candidate, has also named Carrick as one of five
players he wants to sign, should he prevail in club elections on Sunday.

---------------------------------
[...]

[21] Indy on Rooney yesterday
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, June 29, 2006 by ed:
'On his own up front was where Sven Goran Eriksson asked Rooney to play against
Ecuador and he thrived there, but on his own up in front of the press the
20-year-old feels a lot less comfortable. He barely cracked a smile, only
grinning when asked if he really did deliver the "big man" line (he did not
answer), and was acutely aware that his words had to be weighed carefully not
to affect the delicate state of relations between Manchester United and the FA.

Discussion of his club's role in his return to fitness were strictly off-limits
although Rooney did say that he had been in contact with Sir Alex Ferguson
during the past month - the United manager tends to call his players when they
are in international tournaments. "He just wishes me luck, he's been very
supportive from day one," Rooney said. "He's always wanted me to play in the
World Cup and he's really happy for me. Hopefully it will make me a better
player for Manchester United because of the experience of playing in a
tournament like this."

Although Rooney admitted vaguely at one point that there had been a time when
he had feared he may not play in Germany, as he discussed his recovery it
became clear that this was a young man who had made up his mind that he would
be back in time. He said that he had ceased to feel any pain in the fourth
metatarsal of his right foot two weeks after 29 April - the day he broke it -
and from then on he knew he was getting better quickly.

His knowledge of the minutiae of the injury was impressive, originally he said
that the doctor had told him he had broken his toe but on the X-ray "nothing
showed up". "I had to go for a scan, it was only a small break and the doctor
told me, if I worked hard, it would heal," Rooney added. "It has done, I stayed
positive and always believed I'd play in the World Cup. It's healed. The
thought never entered my mind that I wouldn't be here.

"I'm a positive person, I don't let things get me down. Alan Smith was in every
day doing the same thing. We were working together and I think that probably
helped me because it would have been a lot harder on my own. Most of the lads
in the England squad rang me to see how I was, it was nice they all cared and
they all wished me good luck and a speedy recovery."

Putting it bluntly, in the immediate aftermath of the break at Stamford Bridge,
Rooney said that his mind was not on the World Cup - "we'd just lost the league
that day". But in the coming weeks of rehabilitation, he credited Smith, who
broke his leg and dislocated his ankle in February, and the United fitness
coach Mike Clegg, for helping him to recover from his second broken metatarsal
in two years. "While I was injured people might have thought I was just sitting
around doing nothing, but I was training, I was doing everything I could to
keep myself fit," Rooney said. "A lot of people didn't see that so they might
have thought I was doing nothing. Since I came back, I've felt good. Since I've
moved from Everton to Manchester United my fitness has gone a lot better,
better than it was in Portugal two years ago."

---------------------------------
[20] Indy on Becks ref
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, June 29, 2006 by ed:
The referee assigned to England's World Cup quarter-final against Portugal on
Saturday sent off David Beckham for a studs-up tackle six years ago.

Argentina's Horacio Elizondo showed Beckham the red card during a match between
Manchester United and Mexican side Necaxa in the first game of the 2000 World
Club Championship in Brazil.

The midfielder's lunge at Jose Milian revived doubts about his temperament
following his dismissal at the 1998 World Cup, but he was defended by the
United manager, Sir Alex Ferguson, after the match.

Since then, Elizondo has officiated at the Olympic football tournament in
Athens in 2004, and the opening match of this World Cup between Germany and
Costa Rica.

He created some controversy during South Korea's match against Switzerland when
he overruled his linesman's offside flag and allowed Alexander Frei to make it
2-0 after spotting the ball had come off the leg of a Korean defender.

Elizondo, a PE teacher, speaks English as well as Spanish, and lists his
interests as playing golf and writing poems.

After he dismissed Beckham, Ferguson said: "The reaction of the Mexican players
got him sent off and that's disappointing."

var uri = 'http://impgb.tradedoubler.com/imp/img/16139340/608750?' + new String
(Math.random()).substring (2, 11); document.write('
http://clkuk.tradedoubler.com/click?p=17211&a=608750&g=16139340
Check http://www.rednews.co.uk to view the image which has been removed from
plain text email version of news
');

---------------------------------
[19] Rooney on Ronaldo
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, June 29, 2006 by ed:
“Although I want him to be fit it would be nice if he could just miss our game.
He’s a great player, if he plays it will be a tough job for us. He’s a handful
for any team but hopefully we can keep him quiet on the day.”

---------------------------------
[18] Ahh, what a shame
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, June 29, 2006 by ed:
from SKY

'English referee Graham Poll has been sent home from the World Cup, following a
high-profile blunder in the Group F match between Australia and Croatia last
week.

Fifa took the expected action after Poll failed to dismiss Croatian defender
Josip Simunic - despite showing the player two yellow cards.

Poll's error was compounded by his decision to book Simunic a third time at the
final whistle - at which point he did mete out a belated red card.

Poll's exit was the culmination of a disappointing tournament for the
Hertfordshire official, who dismissed Togo's Yaovi Abalo for a second bookable
offence against South Korea in unorthodox fashion - showing first a red card
and then the yellow to Abalo.

Fifa also confirmed that Russian official Valentin Ivanov - the man in the
middle for the infamous Portugal v Holland clash - will take no further part in
the tournament.

Ivanov handed out 16 yellow cards and four reds to create a new World Cup
record for the number of sanctions issued in a single match.'

---------------------------------
[17] Chelsea copy our statement...
---------------------------------
Posted Thursday, June 29, 2006 by ed:
from SKY

'Chelsea have moved to rubbish claims from Real Madrid presidential candidate
Ramon Calderon that he has agreed to sign Arjen Robben.

Calderon says he has agreed a deal to sign Robben and Brazilian star Kaka if he
wins the presidential election next month.

Chelsea have refuted the claims and insist they have held no talks with
Calderon regarding Robben.

"Chelsea totally refutes statements made by Real Madrid presidential candidate
Ramon Calderon linking Chelsea winger Arjen Robben with a move to Real Madrid,"
read a club statement.

"Chelsea FC would like to make it clear that we have not spoken to Senor
Calderon or any of his representatives and categorically deny the suggestion
that an agreement on any level has been reached."

The claim comes just 24 hours after another presidential candidate Juan Villar
Mir suggested Cristiano Ronaldo wanted to join the Spanish giants, which
Manchester United strongly denied.'

For United books, videos, DVDs etc http://www.rednews.co.uk/ama.php?id=amazon

http://us.click.yahoo.com/XISQkA/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/GtUolB/TM