On Wed, 8 Apr 1998, Robert A. Hayden wrote:

> Where?  I'm looking through the 'Bat Book' and can't really find anything
> specific to NFS.

Perhaps I was exaggerating somewhat when I said it includes some "tips."
It does mention in the README file that comes with the M4 macros, that you
can use the MAIL_HUB m4 definition to route all mail to a central server,
which would allow for a shared /var/spool/mail scheme.  It doesn't really
explain why or how it works.  But if you think about the locking issues,
it does make some sense.  NFS locking might be broken or not, but if
there's no danger of two NFS clients trying to write at the same time,
your possibility of corruption is eliminated.  All the locking, basically,
will be done by the exporting system (provided that system is also the one
with the mail hub sendmail daemon).