-----Original Message-----
From: Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tuesday, June 16, 1998 5:25 PM
Subject: Re: What's so great about Linux?

>monolithic compile.  My netowrk card (Linksys 10/100 using the PNIC chip)
>is not supported by Redhat's driver.  It requires version .83 or above to
>work.  I had to find it on the net, download it, modify the C code to
>enable full duplex support and then install it.

So what?  Linux supported my Logitech Soundman Wave (a Plug-and-Play card,
BTW) out of the box.

With Windows 95, I had to find the driver on the net and download it.

With Windows NT, it wasn't supported at all.

This problem isn't unique to Linux.

But at least with your Linksys card, you had the advantage that you could
get that source code and make that modification.  If you want to fix one of
the bugs in the Windows 95 driver for that card, you're SOL.