-----Original Message-----
From: William T Wilson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tuesday, June 16, 1998 2:28 PM
Subject: Re: What's so great about Linux?

>lack of an automated way to configure them in Linux.  But I think ISA PnP
>cards are a transition technology that will soon be gone altogether
>replaced by PCI.  (I can hope!)

Ironically, the necessary final nail in this coffin is being placed there by
Microsoft and Intel; the PC 99 spec doesn't allow ISA slots.  Certain
internal devices are allowed to continue to use the ISA bus.

>understand this.  If you want your program to run on Linux, why don't you
>make it easy to install?

"Easy to install on Linux" does not necessarily equate to "easy to install
on Red Hat Linux 5.x".

Red Hat 5.x is a hybrid system, and that causes some problems right now.
It's not StarOffice's fault, and they would probably argue (excuse me if I'm
speaking out of turn, fellows) that it's Red Hat's issue to fix, not theirs.