Bruce Richardson wrote:

> On 13 Dec, Todd A. Jacobs wrote:
> > On Mon, 13 Dec 1999, Frank Rocco wrote:
> >
> >> I also heard good things about Caldera. The thing that confuses me the
> >> most is GNOME or KDE as a desktop. It seems that the apps for KDE are
> >> farther along.
> >
> > KDE's been around a bit longer, and has a more mature widget set. On the
> > other hand, GNOME is more configurable. YMMV. I even know a bunch of
> > people who refuse to run either, and stick with X without a session
> > manager. :)
> >
> KDE certainly seems more stable than Gnome (Enlightenment can
> seriously damage your machine *and* have the cheek to tell you it's
> your fault) but it's look is nauseatingly *cute*.  Running KDE it feels
> like I'm working in Mr Chuckle's Kiddie Fun Factory and I get a
> headache after more than a few minutes.
>
> --
>
> Bruce
>
> --
> as the Subject.
Sorry...I had to... my 1cent (2 cents Canadian)

KDE is seriously over featured in my opinion.  And E is very heavy on
the system.  Gnome's session panel is extremely annoying.  Windowmaker
is light enough on my system to run decently (450 w/128mb ram).  And it
doesn't crash at all if you compile it yourself.  As far as the
applications, what is wrong with having both sets of libs on your box
and running either?
Heh...I hope I don't start a flame war....

--
Mike Cathey([EMAIL PROTECTED])
System Administrator