%-> Customers (and bosses) seldom make decisions based solely on
%-> the technical
%-> merits of  a system.  They often include training curves, cost, support,
%-> personal preferences and other factors into the mix.

Ooohh... I couldn't resist replying to this one. In my experience, customers
decisions are based on what the sales geek tells them. It's often not very
related to the more important factors you mentioned above.

As for bosses, hmmm... think it's a secret nightly ritual involving animal
sacrifice and that sort of stuff. Never been able to figure out just how
bosses arrive at the decisions they make. ;-)

-- Juha