On Mon, 16 Oct 2000, Martin A. Marques wrote:

> Well, thankfully I was asking for that kind of information. HOW-TOs,
> articles, papers, etc. Benchmarks would be appreciated.
> Does somebody know where I can search the linux-kernel archives?

The Solaris user license specifically forbids publishing any kind of
benchmarks of Solaris, which is why you won't find many. SUN also tends to
only enter their stuff in benchmarks/tests they feel they'll win.

One reason to use Linux over Solaris: Solaris is all about money in the
end, Linux is not (though it can be if your only support is through a
vendor). I'm not saying being profit-motivated is a Bad Thing (tm), but it
is a good idea to consider motives when dealing with anyone.

$.02

Bill Carlson