From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
On Behalf Of Marco Shaw
Sent:   Sunday, October 15, 2000 8:02 AM
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        Re: solaris or linux

> > I'm not sure what the intent of your questions is....

> Linux would be a better shot then Solaris. I would like to know how each
> kernel works. How do the allocate memory, etc.

Now, I'll still indicate that your question is a little too generic for an
answer.  You're asking people who dedicate some of their spare time to try
to help people on this list and will only receive the occasional 'thank
you'.  To say how the kernel works, is not a 3 liner, and it's even more
difficult to cover the "etc.".

If your company is big enough, it should be able to get some interest from
the bigger companies, who will some time offer support services.

Other than that, it's up to you to go read some books, howtos, or ask a
linux kernel mailist list about your questions.  Perhaps they already have a
draft/template written up.

Marco