Vidiot wrote:

> >That's an interesting question... I have a RH7.1 server with three 3c59x
>
> That is interesting, since I have two NIC cards, different brands, and
> when I have rebooted, nothing moved.

    You missed his first line: three of the same card.  Granted, it still
shouldn't be flipping priorities around, but I've seen it happen in some cases.
In your case, you have different brands, and more than likely different modules,
so they get discovered in the order the kernel loads those modules.  And you can
change that order.  With identical cards, it's tougher to do.

--
W | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.
  Ashley M. Kirchner <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   .   303.442.6410 x130