I need recurring todos at my job, so I can call this effort "working" :)

I came up with this plan for a recurring TODO.  What do you think?
Too much manual labor?

=== %< ===
SET last_done date(2025,08,01)
REM 1 SCANFROM -20 CAL Monthly Todo
IF trigdate() > last_done
  REM from [trigdate()] +5 MSG %"%" Monthly Todo is still waiting
ENDIF
=== %< ===

First line -- declare the date you last completed your task

line 2 -- put an entry in the monthly calendar. The calendar entry is
optional, but the line itself is mandatory, so if you don't want a calendar
entry, use a SATISFY 1 instead.

line 3 -- if the currently-active TODO is after the designated last_done date

line 4 -- then the daily output will have a reminder from 5 days before
the due date (the +5 in line 4) until 20 days after the due date (the -20
in line 2)

Every month, when you complete the monthly task, you just have to
update the last_done line, and the daily updates will go away until
next month.

I think I have a slightly more complex option if you want the monthly
calendar to reflect that the TODO has been done.

=== %< ===
SET last_done date(2025,8,01)
REM 1 SCANFROM -20 SATISFY 1
SET mydate trigdate()
IF mydate > last_done
  REM 1 CAL Monthly Todo
  REM from [mydate] +5 MSG %"%" Monthly Todo is still waiting
ELSE
  REM 1 CAL Monthly Todo Is Done
ENDIF
=== %< ===

Thoughts? Improvements? Insults?

--hymie!
_______________________________________________
Remind-fans mailing list
[email protected]
https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans
Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/

Reply via email to