On 2025-08-10 07:50, Remind list wrote:
> A feature I enjoy a lot is that tasks can have an priority

Remind does offer a PRIORITY marker on events.  Since the value can be
0-9999, I just have PRIO_{LOWEST,LOW,HIGH,HIGHEST} constants that I use
like

  REM Jul 28 2025 +14 PRIORITY [PRIO_HIGH] \
    MSG %"Move hosting to new VPS%" %b

I can then use those to colorize my msgprefix() accordingly or insert a
"!" using calprefix().

> and urgency next to an (optional due date) and you can specify how the
> urgency is computed based on different factors.

This sounds interesting so I read up[1] and it seems like it's a score
calculated based on a weighted sum and then used for sorting.  So *some*
of it can be done with existing remind(1) functionality, while other
components might be harder to replicate.

It seems like it would be useful for sorting by urgency, which would
entail some smarts in the -g option[2] to support it.  And improving
sorting-syntax is certainly something I wouldn't mind with a more
verbose (and extensible) implementation; imagining something like

  $ rem --sort=date,-priority,+time

could be readily expanded to specify an "urgency".  Or urgency could be
translated to "priority" and then reuse that.

Just more Tim ramblings :-)

-tim

[1] https://taskwarrior.org/docs/urgency/

[2] Reading the man-page, it shows 4 options in the summary for -g, but
only lists date, time, and priority.  Later in SORTING REMINDERS a 4th
one is detailed for timed reminders.  Should it mention that 4th one up
at the -g summary?
-- 





_______________________________________________
Remind-fans mailing list
[email protected]
https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans
Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/

Reply via email to