Tim Chase via Remind-fans writes:
>On 2025-08-10 07:50, Remind list wrote:
>> A feature I enjoy a lot is that tasks can have an priority
>
>> and urgency next to an (optional due date) and you can specify how the
>> urgency is computed based on different factors.
>
>This sounds interesting so I read up[1] and it seems like it's a score
>calculated based on a weighted sum and then used for sorting.  So *some*
>of it can be done with existing remind(1) functionality, while other
>components might be harder to replicate.

We're getting off the subject, but Taskwarrior has two separate concepts
of "priority", which is set by the user as "High" "Medium" "Low" "Normal",
and "urgency", which is computed by Taskwarrior based on priority, due,
etc.

https://taskwarrior.org/docs/priority/

https://taskwarrior.org/docs/urgency/

Anyway, I've had much better luck with Taskwarrior than any other
task manager so far, although I'm having trouble with monthly tasks
slipping.

I have a set of scripts that will take specific Remind entries and add
them to Taskwarrior.

==========

Regarding recurrence, perhaps something could be done like this

SET last_status_report date(2025,09,01)
rem 5 +5 from 2025-05-01 until [last_status_report] OMIT Sat Sun AFTER SPECIAL 
COLOR 196 0 0 %"monthly status report complete%"
rem 5 +5 from [last_status_report] OMIT Sat Sun AFTER SPECIAL COLOR 196 0 0 
%"monthly status report%" %b

I don't **think** it's any more obtrusive than editing the remind files
to mark your TODOs as "done" ... but I haven't been following the TODO
discussion fully.

--hymie!

_______________________________________________
Remind-fans mailing list
[email protected]
https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans
Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/

Reply via email to