Eddy,
     This will definately be a joint effort involving many Rife developers/users.  We should definately start brainstorming on things like the proposed file locations and such.  We should all get on IRC at the same time or something.  Just let me know when to be there and I'll make it so.

Take care,

Jeremy

On 1/13/06, Eddy Young <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Jeremy Whitlock wrote:
> Hey all,
>      I have been talking to Geert about an Eclipse Plugin for Rife.  He
> seems interested in beginning development on it and wanted someone to
> get it started.  I would like to fill these shoes and have a track
> proven record to do so.  I have written a plugin that will probably
> perform similarly to how the Rife plugin should.  It is a WebLogic
> plugin for Eclipse that was written before Eclipse's Web Tools Project
> and in many ways is better than the WebLogic support in WTP.  I was
> asked to conduct a BoF at the most recent U.S. BEAWorld to talk about
> the plugin.  I was surprise at how many BEA developers had used my
> plugin and they gave me great praise for the work.  To check this out,
> visit here:
>
> https://eclipse-plugin.projects.dev2dev.bea.com/
>
> Let me know what you think and if you are interested, lets start
> brainstorming for how this should work and what the features should be.
>
> Take care,
>
> Jeremy

Thanks to Jeremy for making the offer. I don't see any objection to him
project managing this given his track record.

Regarding development of RIFE plugins, I think it should be a concerted
effort among the developers who take up the tasks. This would ensure the
plugins are consistent across the IDEs. Maybe, it's time to start
standardising on things such as XML files location, etc. Or at least
some guidelines.

Regards,
Eddy
--