Thanks to Jeremy for making the offer. I don't see any objection to him project managing this given his track record.

Regarding development of RIFE plugins, I think it should be a concerted effort among the developers who take up the tasks. This would ensure the plugins are consistent across the IDEs. Maybe, it's time to start standardising on things such as XML files location, etc. Or at least some guidelines.

While it might be tempting to decide on XML file locations, please don't do this for plugin support. RIFE has the resolving of the files abstracted through ResourceFinders and ResourceWriters. By default it uses the ResourceFinderClasspath. However, you could just as easily use the ResourceFinderDatabase, or the ResourceFinderDirectories, or even group them together with the ResourceFinderGroup.

This should be taken as the basis for the resolving and reading of resources by any IDE plugin, otherwise it will not be consistent with the approach that RIFE uses.

--
Geert Bevin                       Uwyn bvba
"Use what you need"               Avenue de Scailmont 34

PGP Fingerprint : 4E21 6399 CD9E A384 6619  719A C8F4 D40D 309F D6A9
Public PGP key  : available at servers pgp.mit.edu, wwwkeys.pgp.net