Oliver,
     I'll re-read my EMF and GEF books over the weekend.  I'm sure that if I can find the APIs to get the proper information, we can model/visualize it.

Take care,

Jeremy

P.S. - I will take out the easy adjective though.  ;)

On 1/13/06, Oliver Dohmen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

> Geert,
>      While the starting/starting of Rife isn't really a function of
> Rife, we will want to be able to start/stop and embedded container,
> like Jetty/Tomcat, to allow us to control the Rife environment.
> (This would also allow for us to debug Rife applications.)  That is
> what would be started and stopped.  As for your ideas of
> visualizing a site and it's components, that is definately a
> reality.  Working with local/remote servers would be available as
> well as Eclipse supports both.

This will be great. It sounds a little like Jumpstart as a plugin.

> Oliver,
>      Debugging facilities are easy.  My plugin already provides
> them.  For the modeling of Rife, we just need to know what to model
> and if we want to model the actual breakpoints and visually view
> the app running somehow, the APIs already exist in Eclipse.

Ok :) GEF needs a little help to work that easy.

> All,
>      This idea isn't a half baked idea.  We have a very powerful
> and extendable IDE at our hands.  We also have great developers
> with experience in all technologies involved.  I do not see us
> having a problem with coming up with an idea and making it so.

Think so too. It`s possible to handle with Eclipse. And with it`s
Architecture is open for further extensions from other contributors.

cu odo