On 25 August 2010 20:08, Bill Walton <bwalton...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry to jump in mid-stream here, but....

> Make sure you're using the Ruby-only version of NB unless you really
> need the other stuff.

The "Ruby" version is very bloated - including Glassfish and a whole
bunch of stuff you probably don't need.
Install the bare version (although I personally go for the PHP version
as it's the smallest of the packaged downloads, and I do the
occasional bit of PHP) and add the "Ruby and Rails" plugin.

And yes, the debugging works fine (apart from "break on error");
conditional breakpoints, watches, variable tracking, immediate
evaluation (that one is a bit clunky though...); and has done since
the first time I tried it in Jan 2009.