On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 6:06 PM, Robert Walker <li...@ruby-forum.com> wrote:
> Leonardo Mateo wrote:
>> I use Vim. Mostly because it just feels good for me, with the right
>> plugins I have everything I use on every IDE I've used before (that
>> is, code competion, syntax highlighting, code reference, tabs, and a
>> few more).
>
> As long as Vim uses that damn modal editing (i.e. 'i' for insert, Escape
> to exit insert and ':' for commands) I won't be switching to it.
I'm not trying to convince anyone to use Vim, have you read how many
times I said "..feels good for you..."?
If you don't like it, then don't use it.
That "damn modal editing" you says is an esential part of Vim. If you
don't like it, then Vim is not for you.

> Before you call me crazy...
I wont.
> I understand Vim, and I use it when
> absolutely necessary. If that's your thing, then great for you. I'm just
> saying it's not for me, so I'll stick with TextMate. At least until I
> find something better. However, every time I've tried alternatives I
> just keep coming back to TextMate.
Ok, so TextMate is what feels good (or great, or whatever) for you.

--
Leonardo Mateo.
There's no place like ~