commit 226c37a8561486888d0231095ac6df379aa46323
Author: Travis Scrimshaw <tscrim at ucdavis.edu>
Date: Fri Nov 8 18:59:36 2013 -0800

Initial version of symplectic and orthogonal basis for symmetric functions.

Currently this does not work correctly because the basis do not
give a Hopf structure by converting to the Schur basis and
it is only a filtered basis, not a graded basis.
-----

So I in this case I could realize that this commit message
is probably related to this branch, but in general the commit
messages are not so helpful:

more grammar fixed
typo fixed
more doc fixes

and I had to sift through those to find the one that I wanted. If it had
been committed 3 weeks ago I doubt that there would be any chance
that I would be able to figure out who is working on it to contact them
to let them know I was interested. I'm sure that there is a way to
resolve this issue.

Is there a command to look up the creator of a branch?

I found one way to (maybe) resolve this was to checkout the branch
and then execute the command:

$ git log HEAD ^master

but what didn't work was

$ git log --remotes='origin/public/combinat/sf/sp_orth' ^origin/master

Shouldn't this command show me the commits on that branch?

-Mike