> Sorry I had to leave yesterday during the discussion
> of the workflow/searching. It seems like you made a lot
> more progress on the document.

Yes, and more this morning! I will send out an e-mail in a second
when the page is semi-stable.

One thing that Travis and I tried out in practice after you left was the model
where a developer keeps a copy of a branch in his/her own user space u/user
and in public/ when it is almost finished/being reviewed. But we both
did not like that workflow, so I think the best option will be
to follow what we currently suggest on the page.

We can probably write some scripts for easy searching once the dust
settles :-) like

- search which branches a user has worked/is working on (i.e. did commits to)
  relative to master
- search for combinat (that is already easy)
etc

> Is there a command to look up the creator of a branch?
>
> I found one way to (maybe) resolve this was to checkout the branch
> and then execute the command:
>
> $ git log HEAD ^master
>
> but what didn't work was
>
> $ git log --remotes='origin/public/combinat/sf/sp_orth' ^origin/master
>
> Shouldn't this command show me the commits on that branch?

I guess you could do

git log --remotes='origin/public/combinat/sf/sp_orth*' ^origin/master | less

and then browse this file. The first commit shows the person who created
the branch.

Best,

Anne