On Oct 28, 8:29 pm, "Minh Nguyen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I won't do it right away because I want to know people's opinions
> about the issues contained in this thread. That is, I'm still awaiting
> the final resolution.

While I suspect that Sage will change the extension one day, it seems
that there is little support for changing the extension at this time.
So, I recommend that you submit your improved README.txt.

I will begin submitting patches to various packages in Debian, like
midnight commander, that would benefit from understanding the .spkg
format.

If someone wants to write bash completion rules for .spkg files, I'd
be happy to include them in the Debian package for Sage.

         -Tim Abbott