Hi Dave,

On Mar 30, 2:50 pm, David Kirkby <david.kir...@onetel.net> wrote:
> I can see there might be even more Solaris issues!
>
> Since python 3 is not backward compatible with python 2, there could
> be even more problems in future.

Probably one could write a simple Python script that is both
executable in Python 2 and Python 3.
However, I share your general concerns.

> Personally I would have stuck to POSIX scripts until python in Sage was built.

Yes.

Is it true that Python is the first thing that is built when
installing Sage?
If it is, then IMO there is no problem at all in using Python scripts.
The spkg-install of the python spkg must not rely on Python, but
everything else can use Python.

Cheers,
Simon