> Python is not a sledgehammer; it is an elegant tool, which can be used
> to produces beautiful readable maintainable and portable code.
>
> > Anyway, it's your decision.
>
> I'm for allowing the use of Python in the Sage build system.
>
>  -- William

Under $SAGRE_ROOT/local/bin/, several of the Sage infrastructure
scripts are already written in Python, instead of "bash" (except for
the very first she-bang line "#!/usr/bin/env python") --- see e.g.
"sage-clone".
For what it's worth, I really like the idea to refactor/rewrite the
Sage build system/infrastructure more or less completely in Python. Oh
well, if I had time for that, I'd rather devote it to help the release
managers.

Cheers,
Georg