Again, I see no definition of what you mean by accuracy in the result
of polynomial multiplication.
If you look at the actual algebraic formula for any given coefficient
in the result, you see it is
the sum of products of coefficients from the inputs, and the
possibility of cancellation depends on
the magnitude and sign of those terms, and the order and arrangement
of the operations.
  You can rearrange them various ways, but if I want to play some kind
of adversary game with
you, and you tell me how you are going to compute it, then I believe I
can come up with coefficients
that will give you answers for particular coefficients that are quite
bad.

As far as specifics as to which work on asymptotic complexity is
irrelevant, I think that as a first
cut you should assume that ALL the published theoretical work is
irrelevant to practice.  , There are
particular authors whose work combines poor exposition, elaborate and
unnecessary notation,
complicated proposals, non-implementation, and unfounded claims.
Note that these defects do
not make a theoretical paper unpublishable, or even "wrong".  After
all, for some n>N the claim may
be true, just that N represents a problem size that requires all the
electrons in the universe to represent
explicitly.

RJF