> BTW, sorry to mention Oprah. She was the only interviewer who came to
> my mind and I know a few folks on this list probably already think Miss
> O is a sell-out because of her primarily white middle-class core
> audience.

No one thinks Oprah is a sellout. She's just being herself. That's cool.
My thing is that I miss the overt political edge that old-school talk
show hosts like Phil Donahue used to bring to the table. I mean, here
was a white guy who would bring on guests such as Frances Cress Welsing,
Louis Farrakhan, and Ayn Rand. Where has the political and intellectual
depth disappeared to, and how do we get it back? It's perfectly
legitimate to ask such questions, and be concerned about the media
ecology and what it feeds us, without ragging on sista Oprah as a
sellout. Oprah isn't a sellout, I just wish there were some more voices
on TV talking about some other topics and issues, that's all. We need
Oprah, but we also need much more than Oprah.

Art
http://www.myspace.com/amcgee
--
  Art McGee
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

  http://www.fastmail.fm/docs/quotes.html

Community email addresses:
Post message: SciFiNoir_Lit@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subscribe Digest Mode: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Unsubscribe:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SciFiNoir_Lit/

Science fiction and fantasy

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS