<<I don't think she is a sellout.  I think she is perhaps a fraud
and is definitely a liar.

Why?

Sometime back there was some unpleasantness in Georgia.  There was
this all white county that didn't want black people even going
through it.  Forsythe county was the name.

Hosea Williams and some other people got together and held some
marches there to protest.  Oprah went there to hold a town hall
meeting with the folks in the county to hear their grievances.

She allowed in no blacks.  Just all whites.

For an hour she got to stand there and hear how they hated niggers.
The piece de resistance came when one white lady, meaning well no
doubt, stood up and said, "Y'all been sayin' "nigger, nigger nigger"
and Oprah's here--ooop!  I'm sorry, Oprah!  You ain't no nigger!"

Sistagal looked like a Mac truck had hit her.  When this atrocity
was over, which you couldn't have done if you'd had, say an audience
full of people who hated gays or an all Nazi audience w/o any
answering, Oprah said she would come back and have a show with the
black folks on it.

Separate but equal audiences.  That should warm your heart, Art.

Of course she never did.

She doesn't control that show or even who is on.

Come forth with your defences of this--then read them in a few weeks
and know shame!

--- In SciFiNoir_Lit@yahoogroups.com, "Art McGee" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> > BTW, sorry to mention Oprah. She was the only interviewer who
came to
> > my mind and I know a few folks on this list probably already
think Miss
> > O is a sell-out because of her primarily white middle-class core
> > audience.
>
> No one thinks Oprah is a sellout. She's just being herself. That's
cool.
> My thing is that I miss the overt political edge that old-school
talk
> show hosts like Phil Donahue used to bring to the table. I mean,
here
> was a white guy who would bring on guests such as Frances Cress
Welsing,

http://us.click.yahoo.com/.7bhrC/MGxNAA/yQLSAA/DtIolB/TM