Hi tom:
After finding acceptable FLO with the clubhead temporarily installed, I place 3/4" white paper tape on the shaft just above the installed ferrule and the same wrapped around the hosel below the joint. I then draw an line across the two pieces of tape with a .05mm pencil using a machinists square for a straight edge. (pencil doesn't smear when wiped with naphtha)

Assemble the club and eyeball the two lines. Sometime later, before the epoxy sets up, check and adjust the alignment by laying your eye up against the shaft looking down towards the hosel at your pencil lines. You can certainly ascertain a pencil width for alignment error and correct it if desired. FLO NEVER changes on the cured assembly.

Best,

CB