Well, we can agree to disagree on this point. All I'm saying is that its
virtually impossible, given our assembly practices, to set a head on a shaft
at a precise spot. Its simple to visualize. Imagine 360 degrees marked
around a shaft tip that's .335" in circumference. The lines would be atop
one another. You simply cannot do it accurately. You may be able to locate
the "hard spot" with whatever device you're using but getting it precisely
located at say 2:00 is nigh to impossible.

How am I playing? Handicap went from 7 to 10 in a month. I'll shoot 74, then
87, then 79, then 84. Its maddening. Yesterday it was 36/44. Today it was
43/37. No one thing is consistently bad. Sometimes its the putter, sometimes
its the irons, sometimes its the driver. I never know when the lurch is
going to lunge.

I've been playing a 975J for a while. I've had 7 shafts in it so far. The
latest one, a Fujikura gold 4565 (oem) seems to be working pretty well. I
put a "perfect" set of irons together. Rifle Tour Flighted 5.0's in Ping
heads. Heads all weighted to 7 gram increments. Lofts and lies adjusted to
my peculiar style of attack, lengths and swingweights right where I want
them. Can't hit them for beans. Went back to my old Mach 22 shafted
Dynacraft Tour Forged.

Ah golf. Sometimes it sucks, sometimes not.

TFlan

> How've you been playing lately? Is your lurch still lurching down the
> fairway? I was just getting consistently back into the mid-high 70s when I
> tore up my left shoulder (probably rolled over in bed the wrong way) about
> week ago and might not be able to play for at least a couple of weeks.
Then,