I'll second the opinion of the book.

Ed Reeder wrote:
Dave,
Good observation about Tom's 2005 offerings.  In fact, that is one of the reasons I believe his book is so valuable.  Here he is recommending clubheads/clubs that he doesn't make.  Is there any other company/person that would be so honest and give you the straight facts?

FWIW - I'm strictly guessing that his new designs for 2006 will have filled in many of the "gaps" between the book's recommendations and his product line.

/Ed

Dave Tutelman wrote:
<snip>
Here's something interesting. If you read Tom Wishon's new book -- or even read his postings -- there are some things that he would like to see done about drivers:
 * Shorter clubs, implying the high-weight head you mention.
 * Higher lofts.
 * No roll curvature (or at least "graded" roll).
I also believe he feels that the big heads make the club more forgiving.

I looked at his driver head offerings early this year, before I made my current driver. Unfortunately, I can't find more than one of these features on any head.

<snip>

--
Where is it okay to be teed off, tote a six-iron, shoot birdies, and if you're under par it's a great day?